Thursday, August 15, 2019

A special endorsement: Laughter and tears, cute stories and heartaches


I just received this lovely endorsement from a special person:

I read [Please, God, Don’t Make Me Go: A Foot-Dragger’s Memoir] over the weekend and had a hard time putting it down. 
At times I found myself laughing out loud, especially at some of the cute stories you include about your children. 
Other times I read through tears, imagining some of the heartache the Lomalinda team endured. 
Your writing style is engaging and descriptive. I also enjoyed looking at the photographs you included. 
Thank you for your Wycliffe service and for saying “yes” to God’s call on your life. 
Blessings,
Vicky Mixson, Executive Vice President and Chief Communications Officer, Wycliffe Bible Translators USA

I told you it was from someone special!

Now, on a related topic: If you’ve been hoping to buy the e-book version of Please, God, Don’t Make Me Go: A Foot-Dragger’s Memoir, you still won’t find it on Amazon. I’m not sure what the problem is.

However, you can buy the e-book from these wonderful booksellers:


P.S. Reviews are nice!




2 comments:

  1. I'm halfway through the book and am enjoying it tremendously. I also experienced the worst culture shock of my life at Lomalinda but for very different reasons; many people there seemed more 'American' than the missionaries I was used to plus I had to learn a new skill set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roadkill Spatula, thanks for stopping by. Sorry you had such a bad experience with culture shock! You survived it, though, as did I. Whew! Glad to know you're enjoying the book. Thanks for leaving a comment!

      Delete

104 degrees and it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas--or not

We’d lived in Lomalinda less than four months when, one December day, with the temperature 104 in the shade, I was walking a sun-cracked tra...